brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. There were six people who did not die by the hands of the Angel of Death.
2. The bodies of seven people were never subject to decomposition by worms.
3. Four people died without ever committing a sin. They died merely because of the sin of the Etz ha'Da'as.
4. There are certain things a person should not do even within the boundaries of his own property.
5. The standard thickness of walls of a pit is at least three Tefachim.
A BIT MORE
1. They were: Avraham, Yitzchak, Yakov, Moshe, Aharon, and Miriam.
2. This list includes all of those on the previous list, plus Binyamin (son of Yakov Avinu). Some add an eighth person: David ha'Melech.
3. They were: Binyamin (son of Yakov), Amram, Yishai, and Kil'av (son of David).
4. For example, if Shimon has a water pit in his yard adjacent to Reuven's yard, Reuven should not start digging a pit or structure in his own yard within three Tefachim of Shimon's pit.
5. Accordingly, if someone sells a pit and its walls, he is selling at least three Tefachim of thickness of the wall of the pit as well. He may not give a pit that has walls less than three Tefachim thick.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Bava Basra