brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|BAVA BASRA 164 - A week of learning has been dedicated towards meriting a Refu'ah Sheleimah for Eliezer Lipa ben Yetta, by Mr. and Mrs. Kornfeld of Yerushalayim.|
1. The number of years that a king has ruled is recorded differently in a Get Mekushar ("tied document").
2. If a person says he is a Nazir "Digun," he is obligated to keep periods of Nezirus.
3. A house with four walls can become Tamei with Tzara'as.
4. A person should not overly praise his friend, as this might lead him to denigrate his friend as well.
5. No person is able to avoid committing three types of sins every day.
A BIT MORE
1. In a simple document, the actual number is written. In a Get Mekushar, an additional year is added to the total number of years that he has ruled.
2. This is because "Digun" in Greek means "two." The Gemara mentions other Greek numbers as well, with the word for five being "Pentigon."
3. A house with only one, two, three, or five walls, and a house that is circular, does not become Tamei with Tzara'as.
4. Once a person overly praises another, it is tempting for a person to mention the faults of the subject of this praise.
5. These sins are: Thinking promiscuous thoughts, lack of proper intent while praying, and a speaking Avak Lashon ha'Ra (a form of Lashon ha'Ra prohibited by the Rabanan; see below).
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Bava Basra