brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. Shmuel: We sometimes check to see that a person who is between the age of 13 and 20 has signs of adulthood.
2. If a boy who is 9 years old performs Yibum, the Yibum is valid.
3. There is a dispute about whether a girl can perform Chalitzah before she becomes an adult.
4. There is a dispute about whether the words of a dying person, said on a weekday, have the power of an acquisition.
5. A similar dispute applies to whom we may acquire an object on behalf of.
A BIT MORE
1. In certain cases concerning matters of Kidushin, Gitin, Yibum, and more, we check to make sure the person is an adult.
2. However, he cannot give his wife a Get until he shows signs of adulthood.
3. Rebbi Yosi: She can perform Chalitzah. Rav Nachman and Shmuel: She cannot perform Chalitzah (based on the opinion of Rebbi Meir in Yevamos 105b).
4. Rebbi Eliezer: His words do not have the power of an acquisition, since he could make a real acquisition in writing. Only on Shabbos are his words like a Kinyan, because it is forbidden to write on Shabbos. Rebbi Yehoshua: The law is the same whether it is Shabbos or during the week.
5. Rebbi Eliezer: We may acquire an object on behalf of a minor, but not on behalf of an adult, since he could acquire it for himself. Rebbi Yehoshua: We may acquire an object on behalf of a minor, and all the more so for an adult (who could acquire for himself).
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Bava Basra