brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. The Gemara lists sins that cause war, plunder, plagues, and famine.
2. The Gemara lists sins that cause attacks from wild animals and desolation.
3. The Gemara relates that sometimes people die as an atonement for the sins of the generation.
4. The Gemara relates why Rebbi Shimon ben Yochai had to go into hiding from the Romans.
5. Rebbi Shimon ben Yochai and his son, Elazar, hid in a cave for twelve years in order to avoid capture.
A BIT MORE
1. These sins are: Delaying judgment, passing a corrupt judgment, hasty judgment, and lack of Torah study.
2. These sins are: Swearing falsely (whether with an open lie or a hidden lie), desecrating Shabbos, and desecrating the name of Hashem.
3. When there are great people in the generation, their death atones for the sins of the generation. When there are no great people, the death of children atones for these sins.
4. When discussing the Romans, Rebbi Shimon ben Yochai said that whatever good they had done, they had done for their own benefit. When the Romans heard this, they wanted to arrest him.
5. They learned Torah constantly, and were sustained by a carob tree and a spring that miraculously appeared near the cave.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Shabbos