brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
Rebbi Chama Bar Chanina says that even Moshe Rabeinu does not know where he is buried.
Rebbi Chama Bar Chanina says that Moshe Rabeinu was buried next to Pe'or to atone for the Aveirah of Pe'or.
Rebbi Chama Bar Chanina says that a person must follow in the ways of Hashem Yisbarach. (1)
The Torah starts with Gemilus Chasadim and ends with Gemilus Chasadim.
Moshe Rabeinu wanted to enter Eretz Yisrael in order to fulfill the special Mitzvos of Eretz Yisrael.
Hashem granted Moshe the reward of the Mitzvos of Eretz Yisrael even though he did not enter.
The Minchah of a Sotah is brought in a wicker basket and it is placed on her hands in order to wear her down. (2)
All Menachos other than a Minchas Sotah are brought to the Azarah in a vessel that is fit to be a Kli Shares.
All Menachos other than a Minchas Sotah are brought from wheat with oil. (3)
The Minchas ha'Omer was brought from finely sifted barley, but the Minchas Sotah was brought from coarse barley flour.
The Kohen pushes the Levonah to the side and takes the Kometz from the oily part of the Minchah and it is placed in a Kli Shares. (4)
Once the Kometz is burned on the Mizbe'ach the Kohanim may eat the remnant of the Minchah. (5)
Rebbi says that a Kli Shares may not be made from wood, but Rebbi Yosi Bar Yehudah argues. (6)
The Tana Kama holds that the Kohen brings the Minchah to the southwest corner of the Mizbe'ach.
Rebbi Eliezer holds that the Minchah is brought to the south part of the Mizbe'ach.
Rebbi Eliezer holds that the entire Mizbe'ach is on the north side of the Azarah.
If the Kometz includes a pebble or a grain of salt, or Levonah, it is Pasul.
A BIT MORE
1. Just as Hashem Yisbarach clothes the naked, visits the sick, comforts mourners and buries the dead we too should do the same.
2. The Kohen attempted to wear down the Sotah in order to encourage her to admit her sin if she did in fact sin.
3. The Minchas Sotah was brought from barley without oil and Levonah.
4. He then collects the Levonah and places it on top of the Kometz and he salts it and he puts it on the fire on the Mizbe'ach.
5. The Kohen may put wine, oil or honey in the remnant of the Minchah, however they may not allow it to become Chametz.
6. However Rebbi Yosi Bar Yehudah holds that only a consequential wooden utensil may be used but a wicker basket may not be used.
THE BURIAL PLACE OF MOSHE
Why is the burial place of Moshe hidden from us? Because it is revealed to Hashem Yisbarach that one day the Beis ha'Mikdash will be destroyed and we will be exiled from our land. If the burial place of Moshe would be known we would go to his grave and beseech Moshe Rabeinu to petition Hashem Yisbarach for us. Moshe Rabeinu would stand up and cause the decree to be annulled because Tzadikim are dearer to Hashem Yisbarach in their death than they are during their lifetime. (Hagahos ha'Bach)
THE WAYS OF HASHEM
Just as Hashem Yisbarach is called Chanun (gracious) so too we shall be Chanun, just as Hashem is called Rachum (merciful) so too we shall be Rachum, just as Hashem is called Kadosh so too we shall act with Kedushah. (Rambam Hilchos De'os 1:6)
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Sotah