brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|NAZIR 7 (14 Elul) - This Daf has been dedicated in honor of the Yahrzeit of Yisrael (son of Chazkel and Miryam) Rosenbaum, who passed away on 14 Elul, by his son and daughter and families.|
A year is counted by months not by days. (1)
If someone says that he is a Nazir Achas Gedolah or Achas Ketanah, even if he says from here until the end of the world, he is only a Nazir for 30 days. (2)
If someone says that he is a Nazir from here until a certain place if the place is within a 30 day walk he is a Nazir for 30 days.
If the place is more than a 30 day walk, he is a Nazir for the number of days that it takes to walk. (3)
If someone says that he is a Nazir like the hair on his head, or the dirt in the ground, or the sand in the sea he is a Nazir forever. (4)
If someone says that he is a Nazir for his whole life he is a Nazir Olam. (5)
If someone says that he is a Nazir for a thousand years he is a regular Nazir for a thousand years; not a Nazir Olam.
If someone says that he is a Nazir and one day, or a Nazir and one hour, or he says that he is a Nazir one and a half, he must count two separate Neziruyos.
If someone says that he is a Nazir for thirty days and one hour he is a Nazir for thirty one days.
If someone says that he is a Nazir for thirty days and one day he must count two separate Neziruyos. (6)
If someone sells a house to his friend, the wells are not included even if he writes that he is selling the depth and the height.
R. Akiva says that when a person sells a house he must buy a path from the buyer in order to reach the wells. (7)
The Chachamim hold that he does not have to buy a path and R. Akiva agrees that if he writes, "except for the wells," he does not have to buy a path. (8)
A BIT MORE
1. Only months are counted by days.
2. Because we interpret his words that it is as long to him as if it was from now until the end of the world.
3. Rava says that he already started traveling at the time he made the Neder otherwise he would only be a Nazir for thirty days.
4. Every thirty days he must cut his hair and immediately start a new Nezirus.
5. And when his hair gets long he may trim his hair.
6. Since he used an extra Lashon of Yom his intention is for an extra Nezirus.
7. Because a seller sells with a good eye and he did not leave a path for himself.
8. He did not have to write except for the wells because they are anyway not included and therefore the extra Lashon that he used is because he wanted to keep a path for himself.
DAY AND NIGHT
The Gemara says that one day is not distinct from the next day. The Maharitz Chiyus explains that days are not regarded as distinct from each other because when it is night in one place it is morning in another place and when it is Sunday in one place it is Monday in another place depending on the location.
If someone says that he is a Nazir for one hour he is a Nazir for thirty days. If he says that he is a Nazir for thirty days and one hour he is a Nazir for thirty one days because a person cannot be a Nazir for hours (less than a day). (Rambam Hilchos Nezirus 3:11,12)
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Nazir