brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|NEDARIM 77 - Dedicated by Mrs. G. Kornfeld for the Yahrzeit of her mother, Mrs. Gisela Turkel (Golda bas Chaim Yitzchak Ozer), on 25 Av. Mrs. Turkel was an exceptional woman with an iron will who loved and respected the study of Torah.|
A Chacham may release a person from his Neder on Shabbos if it is necessary for Shabbos. (1)
The Tana Kama holds that a Neder may only be annulled for the remainder of the day.
Rebbi Yosi Bar Yehudah and Rebbi Elazar Bar Shimon hold that a Neder may be annulled for a 24 hour period.
According to the Tana Kama a Neder may be annulled on Shabbos even if it is not necessary for Shabbos. (2)
According to Yosi Bar Yehudah and Rebbi Elazar Bar Shimon a Neder may be annulled on Shabbos only if it is not necessary for Shabbos. (3)
A Chacham may release someone from his Neder on Shabbos even if he had the opportunity to be released from the Neder before Shabbos.
A Neder may be released while standing, at night and by relatives.
Three Hedyotos may release a Neder on Shabbos if it is necessary for Shabbos. (4)
Raban Gamliel holds that a Neder may only be released if he has a reason that if he had known about it he would not have made the Neder.
Rebbi Nachman holds that a Neder may be released with an expression of simple regret.
According to Raban Gamliel a Neder may only be released while sitting. (5)
Rebbi Nachman holds that a Neder may be released while standing. (6)
If someone makes a Neder he is called a sinner even if he keeps the Neder.
A husband shall not explicitly annul a Neder on Shabbos but rather he shall say take and eat. (7)
Beis Shamai says that a Neder may only be annulled in the heart on Shabbos.
Beis Hillel says that a Neder may be annulled in one's heart even during the week.
A Chacham who releases a Neder with the Lashon of a husband and a husband who releases a Neder with the Lashon of a Chacham is not valid. (8)
A BIT MORE
1. For example if someone made a Neder not to eat or drink.
2. Because if it is not annulled today it can never be annulled.
3. Because there is still time after Shabbos to annul the Neder.
4. Since the release of a Neder may be done by relatives and at night it does not give the appearance of judging a Din on Shabbos.
5. Because Raban Gamliel holds that the Chacham must find a Pesach in order to release him from his Neder and therefore it requires serious contemplation.
6. Because Rebbi Nachman holds that a Neder may be annulled with a simple expression of regret.
7. Rebbi Yochanan says that he must annul the Neder in his heart.
8. A Chacham must release a Neder with a Lashon of Hatarah and a husband must release a Neder with the Lashon of Hafarah.
12TH CYCLE DEDICATION
NEDARIM ON SHABBOS
The Gemara says that according to the opinion that Nedarim may be annulled for a 24 hour period a Neder may only be annulled on Shabbos if it is necessary for Shabbos. The Rosh says however that if she made the Neder prior to Shabbos and the husband didn't annul the Neder prior to Shabbos the Neder may be annulled on Shabbos because after Shabbos it will already be too late.
ANNULMENT IN THE HEART
If he annuls the Neder in his heart and does not speak it out it is not valid; however that is only if he does not say to her take and eat, but if he says to her take and eat, the Lashon of Hafarah in his heart is valid. (Shulchan Aruch YD 234:38)
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Nedarim