brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
12TH CYCLE DEDICATION
NEDARIM 6 (18 Teves) - Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the eighth Yahrzeit of her father, Rav Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rabbi Morton Weiner) Z'L. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study -- which was so important to him -- during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.
If someone says regarding a certain object, "It is on me," or "This is on me," it is a Yad for a Neder. (1)
If someone says regarding a certain animal "This is a Chatas" or "This is an Asham" even if he is Chayav a Chatas or an Asham the animal is not Hekdesh. (2)
If someone says "This is my Chatas" or "This is my Asham" if he is Chayav a Chatas or an Asham the animal is Hekdesh.
If someone says to one woman "You should be Mekudeshes to me" and he says to another woman, "And you also" both of them are Mekudeshes. (3)
If someone says to one woman "You should be Mekudeshes to me" and he says to another woman "And you" it is a question whether the second woman is Mekudeshes. (4)
Shmuel holds that a Yad for a Kidushin is a valid Kidushin.
If someone says that this row shall be Pe'ah and he says regarding another row "And this also" both rows are Pe'ah.
If someone says that this row shall be Pe'ah and says regarding another row "And this" it is a question whether the second row is Pe'ah. (5)
A person may make his entire field into Pe'ah.
A person who delays giving Pe'ah for 3 Regalim transgresses the prohibition of Bal Te'acher.
A BIT MORE
1. Even though he did not speak out that it should be forbidden to him like a Korban since it is implied it is regarded as a Yad of a Neder.
2. A Chatas or Asham may not be brought as a Nedavah and since he did not speak out that he is being Makdish it for the Chatas or Asham that he is Chayav it is not a valid Hekdesh.
3. The person gave the first woman two Perutos; one Perutah for each one of the women. The first woman is an agent for the second woman and therefore she may receive the Kesef Kidushin in her place.
4. According to the opinion that a Yad for Kidushin is a valid Kidushin she is Mekudeshes, but according to the opinion that a Yad for Kidushin is not a valid Kidushin, it is not a valid Kidushin.
5. If the Halachah is that a Yad for Pe'ah is not valid then the second row is not Pe'ah. However that is only if the first row was not a sufficient amount for the Pe'ah of this field, otherwise even if a Yad for Pe'ah is not valid the second row would be Pe'ah as it is obvious that he wants the second row to be Pe'ah as well since he did not yet separate the requisite Shi'ur.
AN ASHAM NEDAVAH
The Gemara says that a person may not bring an Asham as a Nedavah. The Rosh say that it only may not be brought as a Nedavah if he speaks out that he is bringing it as an Asham Vadai. However, if he simply says that he is bringing it as an Asham it may be brought as a Nedavah because the Gemara says that Rebbi Eliezer brought an Asham Taluy every day. An Asham Taluy that is brought as a Nedavah is called an Asham Chasidim [because the Chasidim frequently brought the Korban because of the concern that they may have sinned.]
If the owner gives most of his grain as Pe'ah it is Patur from Ma'aser. (Rambam Hilchos Matnos Aniyim 2:11)
Even though the Gemara says that a person may give his entire field as Pe'ah, it is not Davka, and a person may only give Pe'ah after first harvesting a little bit of the grain for himself. Therefore at most a person may give most of his field as Pe'ah. (Kesef Mishneh)
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Nedarim