brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|BERACHOS 28- Two weeks of study material have been dedicated by Mrs. Estanne Abraham Fawer to honor the Yahrzeit of her father, Rav Mordechai ben Eliezer Zvi (Rabbi Morton Weiner) Z'L, who passed away on 18 Teves 5760. May the merit of supporting and advancing Dafyomi study -- which was so important to him -- during the weeks of his Yahrzeit serve as an Iluy for his Neshamah.|
1. Rebbi Elazar ben Azaryah accepted the post of Nasi after a miracle occurred.
2. Rebbi Elazar ben Azaryah's admission policy to the Yeshiva was more lenient than that of Raban Gamliel.
3. After Raban Gamliel appeased Rebbi Yehoshua, he was reinstated, for the most part, to the position of Nasi.
4. Rebbi Zeira would do a special Mitzvah when he was too tired to learn.
5. Rebbi Nechunyah ben Hakanah would recite a special prayer when he entered and when he left the study hall.
A BIT MORE
1. His wife had told him that it would not be appropriate for him to accept the post of Nasi, as he was merely eighteen years old and did not yet have a white beard. Overnight, eighteen rows of hair in his beard turned white.
2. Raban Gamliel had instituted that anyone whose "inside was not like his outside" (he did not behave the same in private (i.e. G-d fearing) as he did in public) may not enter the Yeshiva. This requirement was rescinded by Rebbi Elazar, and as a result the Yeshiva grew in number significantly.
3. However, Rebbi Elazar was not removed from his post, since "we rise in sanctity and do not descend." They shared the post of Nasi: Raban Gamliel gave three of the four lectures a month, and Rebbi Eliezer gave one of the four.
4. He would sit just outside the entranceway to the study hall so that he could perform the Mitzvah of standing up for scholars as they passed by.
5. When he entered the study hall, he prayed that no mishap be caused because of him. When he left the study hall, he thanked Hashem for placing his portion among those who learn Torah.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Berachos