Gemara 21a [line 38]:
The words "Chazi Lah"
should be "Chazi Lei"
This is the Girsa of Dikdukei Sofrim #7 and of Rashi. Similarly, this should be the Girsa in the next line, "ka'Matzne'a Lei."
 Gemara 21b [line 7]:
The words "Rav Chiya bar Yosef Amar Rebbi Yochanan"
should be "Rav Chiya bar Yosef Amar Rav
This is the Girsa in the Gemara Pesachim 7a. The Girsa of Dikdukei Sofrim #40 and Rabeinu Chananel is also "Rav."
1) [line 1] EIN HACHRA'AS SHELISHIS MACHRA'AS
(a) When three opinions are expressed regarding a certain matter and one of them is an intermediate opinion which accepts part of what was expressed by each extreme opinion, thereby compromising between the two other opinions, the Halachah follows that opinion.
(b) If the intermediate opinion is stated as an independent third opinion, and is not based on a dichotomy hinted at by the first two opinions, the Halachah does not necessarily follow that opinion (RASHI).
*2*) [line 9] HAI MODEH REBBI ELIEZER L'REBBI YEHOSHU'A - (The same question may be asked on the Beraisa cited earlier, 20b, regarding a barrel of oil that broke - Rashi 20b DH Modeh.)
10) [line 1] KUTACH - a dip which is prepared by cooking whey with stale bread and salt
11) [line 3] SHE'CHEIRCHO - he charred it [before the time it became forbidden]
12) [line 9] AFILU B'CHITEI KURDANYASA - even with [the very hard] wheat of Cordyene (a district lying to the east of the Tigris River, south of Armenia) that became wet
13) [line 37] GER, ATAH METZUVAH L'HACHAYOSO - you are commanded to give sustenance to a convert
D.A.F. Home Page
See the Daf
|Sponsorships & Donations
Mailing Lists Archives Ask the Kollel
Dafyomi Weblinks Dafyomi Calendar
Hear the Daf