brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS|
YOMA 27 - sponsored by Avi and Esti Turkel. May they merit to have much Nachas from their son, Yakov, and to raise him l'Torah, l'Chupah and l'Ma'asim Tovim.
May Hashem send a Refu'ah Shelemah to Efrayim Henoch ben Yita and Ester Malkah bas Hudya Tovah.
1. A non-Kohen is allowed to perform the Shechitah of a Korban.
2. However, all of the services from the Kabalas ha'Dam and onwards must be performed only by a Kohen.
3. The limbs of a sheep are brought to the Mizbe'ach by six Kohanim.
4. If a non-Kohen arranges the wood of the Mizbe'ach, he is liable to the death penalty.
5. The service of arranging the wood was included in the daily lotteries.
A BIT MORE
1. This is derived from the verse, "And he (the non-Kohen who offers the Korban) will lean his hand and slaughter."
2. The exception to this rule is that a non-Kohen may flay the animal and cut it into pieces.
3. This is derived from the words, "And they (implying two) shall set up," "the sons (implying two) of Aharon," "the Kohanim (implying two)."
4. Moreover, if a non-Kohen arranged the wood, the wood arrangement must be completely dismantled, and a Kohen must prepare it before it is to be used on the Mizbe'ach.
5. It was performed by the Kohen who won the right to perform the Terumas ha'Deshen.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Yoma