brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|12TH CYCLE DEDICATIONS|
YOMA 73 (25 Av) - Dedicated by Mrs. G. Kornfeld for the sixth Yahrzeit of her mother, Mrs. Gisela Turkel (Golda bas Chaim Yitzchak Ozer), an exceptional woman with an iron will who loved and respected the study of Torah.
1. The Gemara describes the process of asking a question to the Urim v'Tumim.
2. The person asked his question, and the Kohen Gadol answered with the answer given by the Urim v'Tumim.
3. One would ask a question of the Urim v'Tumim in a very low voice.
4. One was not permitted to ask the Urim v'Tumim two questions at once.
5. The decree of a Navi may be reversed, but not that of the Urim v'Tumim.
A BIT MORE
1. The person faced the Kohen Gadol, while the Kohen Gadol looked at the Urim v'Tumim and at the name of Hashem that was in the Choshen.
2. The Tana Kama says that the Kohen Gadol prefaced his answer by saying, "So says Hashem." Rebbi Yehudah says that he did not say this.
3. He was not allowed to ask in a loud voice nor by merely thinking his question.
4. If one did so, only the question that was supposed to be the first question (even if he asked it second) was answered.
5. The words of a prophet can be reversed if the people repent and cause the decree to be repealed, as was the case with the prophecy of Yonah regarding Nineveh.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Yoma