brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|ERCHIN 25 (8 Tamuz) - Today's Dafyomi study is dedicated to the memory of Dr. Moshe Gottlieb, Moshe Ze'ev ben Chaim Shlomo Yosef ha'Levi z'l, who healed the sick of Jerusalem and Israel with Chesed. Dedicated by his loving family on the day of his Yahrzeit.|
1. The Mishnah discusses the type of land that is excluded from the pricing of a Sedeh Achuzah.
2. One cannot redeem a Sedeh Achuzah by paying each year, for the value of that year, one Sela and one Pundyon. One must pay the entire amount at once.
3. The Mishnah discusses what happens to a Sedeh Achuzah during Yovel when it was redeemed before Yovel.
4. The Gemara discusses whether any other close relatives are in the same category as the son, who -- when he redeems his father's Sedeh Achuzah -- causes it to revert to his father at Yovel and not to go to the Kohanim.
5. There is a dispute about what happens to a Sedeh Achuzah that is not redeemed by Yovel.
A BIT MORE
1. Ditches more than ten Tefachim deep that are filled with water (see Gemara), and rocks that are ten Tefachim tall, are not included in the amount of land redeemed through the fixed amount paid when redeeming a Sedeh Achuzah. They are redeemed separately based on their actual value.
2. This is derived from the verse, "And the Kohen will calculate the amount of money," meaning that he will calculate how much is owed based on the number of years remaining until Yovel. That amount must be paid to Hekdesh before it is given to the redeemer of the field.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Erchin