brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
1. The Gemara is unsure about whether a song is sung when libations are not brought together with the Korban.
2. While song could be sung even without a Korban, perhaps the Chachamim did not want it to be sung when libations are brought alone.
3. The Gemara discusses when the two exiles occurred after the destruction of the first Beis ha'Mikdash.
4. There is a discussion about how many years are in a Yovel (jubilee) cycle.
5. Bnei Yisrael lived in Eretz Yisrael for seventeen Yovel cycles from the time they entered until they were exiled when the first Beis ha'Mikdash was destroyed.
A BIT MORE
1. Since Rebbi Yonasan said earlier (11a) that the song is sung only when wine is offered as a libation, it seems that it should be sung. However, perhaps he meant only that the song should be sung when both a Korban and its libations are brought, not when there are only libations.
2. Even though song should be permitted to sing when libations are brought, just as song may be sung when no Korban at all is brought, the Chachamim were concerned that if people would do so, they would mistakenly think that song in general is optional, even when a Korban is offered with libations. Therefore, perhaps the Chachamim forbade song when only libations are brought, in order to show that song is obligatory when a Korban with libations is offered.
3. The first exile (known as the exile of Yehoyachin) occurred seven years after Nevuchadnetzer captured Yehoyakim, in the eighth year of Nevuchadnetzer's reign. The second exile, the destruction of Yerushalayim, occurred in the eighteenth year after Nevuchadnetzer captured Yehoyakim, in the nineteenth year of Nevuchadnetzer's reign.
4. Rebbi Yehudah: There are 48 regular years aside from the Yovel years. Each Yovel year counts as the end of the previous cycle and the beginning of the next cycle. Rabanan: A Yovel year counts only as the end of that Yovel cycle. Therefore, there are 49 regular years in a Yovel cycle.
5. This does not literally mean from the time that they entered, but rather after the seven years it took to conquer the land and the seven it took to apportion it.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Bechoros