brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|MENACHOS 89(4 Sivan) - Dedicated by Rabbi Kornfeld's father, Mr. David Kornfeld, in memory of the members of his family who perished at the hands of the Nazi murderers in the Holocaust, Hashem Yikom Damam: His mother (Mirel bas Yakov Mordechai), brothers (Shraga Feivel, Aryeh Leib and Yisachar Dov sons of Mordechai), grandfather (Reb Yakov Mordechai ben Reb David Shpira) and aunt (Charne bas Yakov Mordechai, the wife of Reb Moshe Aryeh Cohen zt'l). Their Yahrzeit is observed on 4 Sivan.|
1. A half-Log of Shemen is used for the Lachmei Todah.
2. According to the Tana Kama, a Minchah of one Isaron requires one Log of oil. A larger Minchah requires an additional Log of oil for every additional Isaron of flour. Rebbi Nechemyah and Rebbi Eliezer ben Yakov disagree.
3. If one is Menadev a Minchah, he may not bring less than an Isaron of flour and a Log of oil.
4. Six Lugin of oil and wine are brought for the Minchas Nesachim of a Par, four Lugin for an Ayil, and three Lugin for a Keves.
5. A half-Log of oil was placed in each Ner of the Menorah in the Beis ha'Mikdash, which was sufficient for even the long nights of the winter.
6. If the Minchas Nesachim of a Par and an Ayil become mixed together, it is valid. If the Minchas Nesachim of a Keves becomes mixed with that of a Par or an Ayil, it is Pasul.
7. If the Minchos Nesachim of two Kevasim become mixed together, even a Minchas Yachid with a Minchas Tzibur, or the Minchah of a Korban of one day with the Minchah of a Korban of another day, it is valid.
8. The Chelev of one Korban may not be mixed with the Chelev of another Korban.
9. If the oil and flour of two Minchos Nesachim have already been burned on the Mizbe'ach, the wine of the Nesachim of the two Korbanos may be mixed together.
10. If the Minchos Nesachim of a Par and Ayil were mixed together, the wine of the Nesachim of the two Korbanos may be mixed together as well.
11. The Minchas Nesachim of the Keves which is brought with the Omer contains double the amount of flour of the usual Minchah. The oil for the Minchah and the wine for the Nesachim are the same as usual.
12. If the Asham of a Metzora is slaughtered she'Lo Lishmah, it is Pasul.
A BIT MORE
1. One quarter-Log is used for the Chalos and Rekikin, and the other quarter-Log is used for the Revichah.
2. According to Rebbi Nechemyah and Rebbi Eliezer ben Yakov, even a Minchah of sixty Log requires no more than one Log of oil.
3. However, if one chooses to bring a Minchah of even a thousand Esronim, he may do so.
4. A half of a Hin of wine and oil is brought with a Par. A Hin is equal to twelve Lugin. A third of a Hin of wine and oil is brought with an Ayil. A quarter of a Hin is brought with a Keves.
5. There is a disagreement about how Hekdesh tested to determine the amount of oil that was needed. According to one opinion, a Log of oil was placed in each Ner the first night, and then some oil was subtracted on subsequent nights until it was ascertained that a half-Log was the requisite amount. According to another opinion, they started with a quarter of a Log of oil and added some oil on subsequent nights until they reached a half of a Log.
6. The percentage of oil to flour in the Minchas Nesachim of a Par is the same as that of an Ayil (that is, two Lugin of oil per Isaron of flour). A Minchas Nesachim of a Keves contains two Lugin of oil per Isaron. Therefore, if the Minchah of a Par or an Ayil is mixed together with the Minchah of a Keves, it is Pasul. However, if the Belilah of each Minchah had been done before they became mixed together, it is valid.
7. A Minchas Nesachim may be brought on a later day than the Korban. Therefore, if the Minchah of one day was mixed with the Minchah of a subsequent day, it is valid.
8. Similarly, the Minchos Nesachim of two Korbanos may not be mixed together l'Chatchilah.
9. However, if the flour and oil were not yet placed on the Mizbe'ach, the wine of the Nesachim of the two Korbanos may not be mixed together out of concern that if the wine is mixed together the Menachos will also be mixed together.
10. However, if the Minchas Nesachim of a Keves is mixed with that of a Par or an Ayil before the Belilah is done for the Menachos, the wine may not be mixed together, because the Menachos are Pasul and new Menachos must be brought. Since the new Menachos were not mixed together, the wine also may not be mixed.
11. The Minchah consists of two Esronim of flour, but the oil and the wine for the Minchah is the usual one-quarter of a Hin.
12. The Asham of a Metzora requires Nesachim, unlike other Ashamos. Even if it is brought she'Lo Lishmah, it is valid, because all Korbanos brought she'Lo Lishmah are valid with the exception of a Chatas and a Pesach.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Menachos