brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|KIDUSHIN 36 (15 Cheshvan) - sponsored by Rabbi and Mrs. Mordecai Kornfeld in celebration of tonight's marriage of their daughter, Malkie, to Rav Shmuel Moshe Peters. May they be Boneh a Bayis Ne'eman b'Yisrael and raise children and grandchildren in the way of Torah and Yir'as Shamayim!|
Isi holds that women are Patur from the prohibition of ripping out hair over a Mes. (1)
If a person rips out his hair four or five times over a Mes he is Chayav Malkus for each time.
A person who rips out any of his hair over a Mes is Chayav, he is Chayav not only for the hair between the eyes but for anywhere on his head.
If a person rips out his hair for any reason other than for a Mes he is not Chayav Malkus.
The proper position for the Tefilin Shel Rosh is on the upper part of the head [above the hairline].
Rebbi Yehudah says that we are only called sons of Hashem Yisbarach when we acting like proper sons.
R. Meir says that we are always called sons of Hashem Yisbarach even when we worship Avodah Zarah. (2)
Semichah, Tenufah, Hagashah, Kemitzah, Haktarah, Melikah, Kabalah and Zerikah may only be done by men, with the exception of a Minchas Sotah and Nezirah where the Tenufah is done by the woman who brings the Minchah. (3)
A Kohen Hedyot is Pasul for the sprinkling of the ashes Parah Adumah. (4)
Only a Kohen Gadol may sprinkle the blood of a Par Mashi'ach on the Mizbe'ach in the Heichal and on the Paroches.
The Shechitah of a Korban may be done even by a non-Kohen; however Melikah may only be done by a Kohen.
The sprinkling of the blood of a Korban from an animal or a bird on the Mizbe'ach may only be done by Kohanim.
The Chazeh v'Shok of a Shelamim and a Minchah of a Sotah and Nezirah require Tenufah by the owner of the Korban or Minchah together with the Kohen.
Mitzvos that are dependent on the ground apply only in Eretz Yisrael, while other Mitzvos apply even in Chutz la'Aretz. (5)
A BIT MORE
1. Abaye says that Isi learns it our with a Gezeirah Shaveh from Bnei Aharon, just as the prohibition of Kohanim ripping out their hair applies only to men and not to women so too the prohibition with regards to non-Kohanim only applies to men.
2. Although when we serve Avodah Zarah we are called destructive sons, as soon as we do Teshuvah we will again be called proper sons.
3. Even if the woman is a Kohenes she may not do any of these Avodos.
4. Only a Kohen Gadol may do the Haza'ah.
5. However Orlah and Klai ha'Kerem are an exception and even though they are dependent on the ground they apply even in Chutz la'Aretz. R. Eliezer says that Chadash is also an exception and it applies in Chutz la'Aretz.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Kidushin