brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|NEDARIM 65 (18 Adar) - Dedicated by Harav Shlomo Weinberger of Brooklyn, NY, in memory of his father, Reb Chaim Tzvi ben Reb Shlomo Weinberger, on the day of his Yahrzeit. Reb Chaim Tzvi, who miraculously survived the Holocaust, raised his children with a strong dedication to Torah and its study.|
If someone makes a Neder to his friend the Chacham may only be Matir his Neder in the presence of the friend. (1)
Tzidkiyahu swore to Nevuchadnetzar that he will not reveal that he ate a hare but the Sanhedrin were Matir his Shevu'ah. (2)
R. Meir says that if a person makes a Neder not to marry Plonis because her father is bad the Chacham may release him from his Neder based on the fact that the father did Teshuvah. (3)
R. Huna says that even if the father did Teshuvah after the Neder was made since he mentioned the father in the Neder it is not regarded as Nolad.
R. Yochanan says that the Chacham may only be Matir the Neder if it turns out that the father had already done Teshuvah at the time of the Neder. (4)
If a person makes a Neder that he will not marry a certain woman because she is ugly if it turns out that she is not ugly he may marry her.
R. Meir says that the Chacham may ask, "Would you have made the Neder if you had known that you are transgressing a Pasuk in the Torah?" (5)
When a person requires charity he first collects from his relatives prior to collecting from the Gabai Tzedakah.
The Chacham may ask, "Would you have made the Neder prohibiting your wife if you had known that you would have to pay her the Kesuvah?"
A BIT MORE
1. B'Di'eved if the Chacham is Matir the Neder it is a Machlokes Rishonim whether the Neder is Mutar.
2. Although the Shevu'ah was to Nevuchadnetzar the Sanhedrin were Matir the Shevu'ah without his presence.
3. Even though the father doing Teshuvah is similar to Nolad.
4. Since the father had already done Teshuvah it is regarded as a Neder Ta'us.
5. Such as Lo Sikom or Lo Sisna and if he says that he would not have made the Neder had R. Eliezer realized that he was transgressing the Pasuk the Chacham will release him from the Neder.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Nedarim