brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|NEDARIM 41 - Dedicated by Mr. and Mrs. Avi Turkel, of Passaic, NJ. May the Zechus of teaching Torah to many thousands assure them and their children good health and the fulfillment all of all their material needs, allowing them to continue dedicating their energy to Torah and Mitzvos!|
The only type of poverty that is significant is a poverty of knowledge.
An ill person is not cured until his sins are forgiven.
An ill person is liable to forget his learning.
R. Yosef forgot his learning as a result of a sickness and Abaye retrieved it for him.
The miracle of the healing of an ill person is greater than the miracle of Chananyah, Misha'el and Azaryah. (1)
Once a person reaches his end everyone has power over him.
One shall not visit a person who is ill with intestinal illness, headache, or eye ache.
If someone makes a Neder that his friend may not benefit from him he may provide his friend with medical care but not for his friend's animal. (2)
If someone makes a Neder that he will not benefit from his friend he may wash with him in a large bathtub and sleep with him in a bed. (3)
R. Meir holds that he may not wash with him in a bathtub at all and he may not sleep with him in a bed even in a large bed in the summertime. (4)
He may eat on the same table as him but not from the same plate. (5)
If someone makes a Neder that he will not benefit from his co-worker he may not eat with him from the communal plate for the workers.
He also may not work on the same row of the vineyard as his co-worker if they are in close proximity. (6)
R. Meir holds that he may not work on the same row as his co-worker even if he keeps his distance. (7)
A BIT MORE
1. An ill person is saved from the fire of Shamayim while Chananyah, Misha'el and Azaryah were only saved from an earthly fire.
2. However he may provide medical advice for his friend's animal.
3. R. Yehudah explains that he may only sleep with him in a large bed if it is wintertime because otherwise he is befitting from his friend's warmth. However in the summertime he may sleep with him in a small bed.
4. R. Meir holds that even in a big bathtub it is forbidden to wash with him because of the Gezeirah that he may end up washing with him in small bathtub. He may not sleep with him in a big bed even in the summer because of a Gezeirah that he may end up sleeping with him in a small bed during the winter.
5. He may not eat on the same plate with him because if one eats less than the other he is benefiting from his friend because he now has more to eat. He may eat with him on the same plate if the plate is very large because there is enough food for all of them to eat as much as they could.
6. Because when his co-worker digs into the dirt of the vineyard he is loosening up the dirt for him and thus he is benefiting him.
7. It is forbidden because of a Gezeirah that he may end up working in close proximity to his co-worker.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Nedarim