brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Yerushalayim
& Revach l'Neshamah - http://www.revach.net
|BERACHOS 17 (30 Av) - Today's study material has been dedicated by Al and Sophie Ziegler of Har Nof, Yerushalayim, in honor of the Yahrzeit of Al's father Bernard B. Ziegler, Binyamin Baruch ben Avraham (and Miryam), which occurs on 30 Menachem Av.|
1. The Gemara discusses requests after Shemoneh Esreh that were composed by various Amora'im.
2. Rebbi Yochanan would always say a particular statement after finishing the book of Iyov (Job).
3. The Gemara discusses adages of certain Amora'im.
4. The Gemara relates the special merit that entitles women to a portion in the World to Come.
5. The Mishnah discusses the laws of a person who takes care of a Mes.
A BIT MORE
1. Most of the "Elokai Netzor" prayer commonly said after the blessings of Shemoneh Esreh was the personal prayer said by Mar, son of Ravina.
2. After noting that everyone dies, he would say, "Praised is a person who grows and toils in Torah and is pleasing to his Creator, and who earns a good reputation for himself and dies with a good reputation."
3. For example, Rava would say: The purpose of attaining wisdom is to repent and do good deeds. A person should not learn a lot of Torah and then rebel against his father, mother, and teachers.
4. They merit a share in the World to Come (and an even greater share than men; see Insights) by sending their sons and husbands away to learn Torah.
5. A person who is preparing a Mes for burial is exempt from Mitzvos because he is involved in a Mitzvah.
Next Daf Index to Revach for Maseches Berachos